Writing a book is a labor of love. Having no one acknowledge the fruits of your labor sucks. Getting your work out to the public is the hardest thing for a new author. If you know someone who has written a book, show them your support.
How you can show your support:
- Offer to host a book signing at your home
- Start a book club or recommending the author’s work to your book club
- Share and re-tweet the author’s post to your social media followers
- Buy multiple copies of the author’s book and give them as gifts
- Read the author’s book in a public place
- Review the author’s book on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, or any other book review site
- Recommend the author’s book to coworkers and your networks
- Post a picture of yourself reading the author’s book on Instagram or Facebook
- Brag to your friends that you know a published author
Any bit of support helps. You never know, once the author becomes a best seller you may get a mention in the dedication in their next book.
What other ways can you support an author? Comment, subscribe.
Support Author Lisa M. Evans when she appears on Jerry Royce Live Positive Power 21 podcast, June 11, 2014 at 9:30pm to listen live, dial 559-726-1300 Access Code 859455# the day of the show. www.positivepower21.org